Tuesday 15 January 2013

"Let's Get Stitchy!"



That's the motto of this fortnight's challenge with us over at Try it on Tuesday!

We want to see some real or faux stitching with your projects. And remember: this month's sponsor for the prize draw is Crafty-emblies! Maybe you are the one to win the £10 store voucher!


My take on the stitchy motto is a tag that is supposed to be a declaration of my love for one of my favourite cities: London! I love the city, I love the people there, I love the typical London accent, I love the museums and galleries, I love the sandwiches, I love afternoon tea with scones, I love Yorkshire Pudding,... well, I could go on like this for quite a while *lol

I used my new "London Vol. 2" stamp set from Darkroom Door for this and stamped some of the images onto a white ribbon, which I sewed to the tag. The tag was stamped in blue stamping ink with the larger London images from the stamp set, distressed and blended with Distress inks "festive berries" and "faded jeans". The images of the telephone boot and the London definition were cut out, distressed and blended with Distress inks too and sewn to the tag too.

I added some white brads and red scribbling and a stitched black border for a finish. Hope you like it and join in with our "stitchy" adventure!

Hugs,
Claudia x



11 comments:

  1. What a cool tag, Claudia! So love the look of stitching on projects... so hate sewing machines (and they hate me!).
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Claudia! Love this project, stamping onto the ribbon gives it a lovely texture and of course as a Londoner (just!) I love the subject matter. Have a good day! Cindy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic project Claudia. I think you've really captured the spirit of London here - love that faded look. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. das ist ein Prachtstück.. das sieht aus, als wär es komplett aus Stoff.. meine Güte bin ich begeistert!!!

    hab mir das jetzt gleich mal in mein Pinterest Boars stellen müssen!
    Genial!


    knuddli!
    Susi
    ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY
    MOO-MANIA-CHALLENGE

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've put a lot of work into this Claudia and it shows. Fantastic tag - love all its elements. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag, and so many stitched details. love the stamping as well.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, I just love every detail of this tag! Fabulous job as always Claudia! ♥ waving hi from the soggy hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great project - love the collage style with the frayed edges and stitching. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Claudia, I hope you are feeling better today after your visit to the Dentist. hugs xx

    Love this tag, the images too great on the fabric and the colour choice is perfect.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Atemberaubend schön, ich bin hin und weg - total begeistert.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome tag! Love that denim blue with the red and your images are wonderful.Great stitched piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your visit and especially for taking the time to leave me a short comment! This is highly appreciated! xxx